Friday, August 20, 2004

The Defenders of the 1st Amendment Strike Again!

Mr. President,

I take the floor today to urge my constituents to do something important. This is truly an "ask not what the Senator can do for you; ask what you can do for the Senator" moment.

And what I ask is simply this: First, watch the newest adby the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Second, make a donation to the Swift Boat Vets. The Senator personally contributed $50 this afternoon.

The impetus for my decision? The sense of outrage I felt all day as I read about the Kerry campaign's attempts to suppress the publishing of the Swift Vets book, Unfit For Command , as well as my disgust at the hypocracy that would lead the Kerry campaign to attempt to get the FEC to ban the latest Swift Boat ad.

I have to keep this entry short, but I have an observation about the actual FEC filing that I will make later. While you wait to read more of the Senator's rhetorical brilliance, go watch that video. Make a contribution. E-mail the link to all your friends and family.

I yield the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home